As customer expectations soar and the lines between online and offline shopping blur, retailers...
The fashion industry is currently undergoing a profound transformation: Competitive pressure is increasing, sales are shifting from local stores to fashion platforms. Most recently, the Corona crisis in particular has led to a sharp increase in online sales.
A key success factor in fashion e-commerce that brands should not underestimate is meaningful and consistent product information. However, maintaining product data on different channels is often a particularly big challenge for the dynamic fashion industry. Efficient product data management and the right IT basis for this provide a remedy.
Unified commerce: the future of fashion e-commerce
In the fashion industry, topicality plays a major role and is particularly required due to rapidly changing collections and trends. Today's customers store on a variety of channels, and a successful brand must be represented on all relevant platforms in order to exploit the full sales potential.
In order to meet customer expectations for consistency and uniform shopping experiences across all touchpoints, all processes must function smoothly in the background. The ideal basis for this is created by a modern IT structure in which all business processes as well as sales channels are controlled via a central platform and workflows are automated.
The keyword for future-proof digital commerce is therefore also "unified commerce" in fashion. A first step towards the digital commerce of the future is centrally controlled article administration and product data management.
Special requirements for product data
Well-maintained, comprehensive and appealing product content is playing an increasingly important role in online retailing, and companies are increasingly being forced to present themselves and their products with all their strengths.
Customers cannot physically examine goods when buying online; clothing, for example, cannot be tried on. They have to rely on the information provided by the retailer when making a purchase decision. More and more offline purchases are also influenced by digital experiences and research on the Internet.
Your product data must therefore:
- Always be up-to-date: Especially in fast-moving industries like fashion, products and their attributes must be able to be updated quickly and easily everywhere.
- Always be consistent: Consumers today are on the go on a wide variety of channels and expect consistent information across all touchpoints.
- Always be true to your brand: Despite different requirements and specifications, your product information must match your brand identity across all sales channels to create a holistic shopping experience and loyalty.
PIM & DataHub: The Basis for Agile Product Data Management
The core of a future-proof IT ecosystem for digital commerce is a powerful PIM. After all, if you want to keep track of the volume of rapidly changing articles and sales platforms, you need a central system for maintaining product data.
With a modern Product Information Management (PIM), you can collect, edit and output product data in one central location. It thus represents a hub for your article management and supports you as a basis for sustainable unified commerce.
Together with an innovative data hub that acts as a central data hub, your product data management becomes really efficient. Its flexible data model enables complex and varying data to be mapped, transformed and transferred to external systems and sales channels.
The combination of PIM and DataHub makes it easy to centrally manage and control product data for all sales channels, from your own online store to international marketplaces and brick-and-mortar retail. This simplifies your omni-channel commerce many times over and saves you valuable time.
The use of an e-commerce platform with integrated PIM and DataHub therefore offers numerous advantages:
- Efficient trading on different sales channels.
- Less adaptation effort: manual creation and moving of product data on different channels or in Excel lists is no longer necessary
- Time-saving organization and updating of product information
- Reduced complexity through the use of a single system for all processes
- Holistic customer approach and uniform shopping experience through consistent and brand-loyal information across all touchpoints
Actindo supports leading fashion brands in successful digital transformation
We already work with leading fashion brands such as Kapten & Son, and are experts in successful digitalization strategies for the fashion industry.
Thanks to the Actindo Core1 platform's PIM and DataHub modules, fashion brands can quickly and easily connect all sales channels with an existing legacy ERP.